Working together to Preserve our Hills
Website updated May 26, 2015
Tax ID Number - 27-2784841
We are a group of homeowners and residents concerned about the effects of oil drilling to the environment and our community. We are Opposed to Oil Drilling in our Hills.
In Loving Memory of Pete Fischer. A True Friend that will be Greatly Missed. Thank you Pete
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change the World. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
Guess this sounds like WHOW. We still have work to do.
May 20, 2015
Appellate court rules against Whittier oil drilling project
Whittier oil case hinges on meaning of words ‘in perpetuity’
2nd Whittier Daily News Article on Oil Project (May 19, 2015) - Click here
Oil Project Goes Back to Court
Whittier's Oil Project is headed to the Appellate Court on Wednesday May 20, 2015.
Follow us to find out the results.
Click here to read WDN article
WHITTIER'S OIL PROJECT IS HERE
In the event you have not heard the oil project goes back to court next Wednesday. This is for the appeal that the City of Whittier and the oil companies filed when they lost the case back on June 6, 2013.
All are welcome to attend. Below is the information regarding time and place. Wish the County well.
May 20, 2015 at 9 am, at the:
Ronald Reagan State Building
300 S. Spring Street
2nd Floor, North Tower
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Click here to see appellate case for the oil project
Topics of Interest:
- La Habra Heights - HOW (Heights Oil Watch) gets anti oil initiative on the ballot for March 3, 2015 election. (November 4, 2014) - Click here
- LA HABRA HEIGHTS CITIZENS. IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO UNITE WITH WHOW. LETS STOP THE OIL PROJECT ONCE AND FOR ALL. Click here.
- What's going on in La Habra Heights with Matrix Oil - Click here
- Henderson Insults WHOW's President at Whittier College Candidate Forum - April 2, 2014, See Video - Click here
- 2014 Election Events - Click here
- Stay Up-to-date on the 2014 Election and the Candidates at "Election 2014" - Click here
- Whittier Voting Rights Lawsuit. visit Whittier Voters Coalition - click here
- L.A. County Board of Supervisors Kill Oil Project - Click here
- We Won the Legal Fight - Click here
- History of the Oil Project - Click here
- Fracking and Earthquake Connection - Whittier's Oil Field and Baldwin Hills Oil Field are Featured. KCET Investigative Report 11/27/2012 Click here to see Story (10 min)
- The City's Check to Los Angeles County that was returned to Whittier June 6, 2012. Click here
- Los Angeles County's Lawsuit against Whittier and the Oil Project Filed October 25, 2012. Click here
- Latest Lawsuit filed by California's State Attorney General Kamala Harris against
Whittier's Oil Project August 31, 2012. Click here
- Here is What the State of California says about Prop "A". Click Here
- Letter from L.A. County that says Esther did Lobby for the City of Whittier but never registered as a Lobbyist. Click here
- Whittier Oil Project Stopped by Judge - Click here
- Friends of WHOW - Click here
WHOW......I did not know that.
Your Property Value Will Drop.
Will Residences of Whittier see their property values drop because of Whittier's proposed Oil Project?
Take 16 minutes to watch the video of Laurie Gral as she speaks about property values around drill sites. It affects Loans, Insurance and your Property Value.. A must watch if you live in Whittier, La Habra Heights, Fullerton or Brea.
U.S. Geological Survey:
Fracking Waste is the Primary Cause of
the Dramatic Rise in Earthquakes
To read article Click here
CITY OF WHITTIER PLANS TO
RESTART OIL DRILLING PROJECT IN
THE WHITTIER HILLS JUNE 2015
Yes, its true. The City of Whittier plans to defy the L.A. County Board of Supervisors. On October 29, 2013 they voted 5/0 not to release the land from Open Space Status. Thus preventing the City from going forward. The Supervisors have always had the power to release the land from Open Space Status. The City new that and had acknowledged that in e-mails between the City and the County.
The problem is the City made a deal with the oil companies before they ever secured the land. This entire project has been based on the City's interpretation of Prop "A". With all of their court looses its clear they have been wrong.
So now they have signed a lease to drill for oil on land that they never had the right to drill on. This is why I say the City has put themselves in a position for bankruptcy. The oil companies will sue Whittier based off of lost revenue not the lease.
So who benefits if the oil project would have gone through. Our City Attorney's water company Cal Domestic Water. They will be one of the water suppliers to the oil project. He is the same attorney that has been advising the City on the oil project. Gee, who is our attorney really working for? The Habitat Authority who has been taking oil money since at least 2004 and has an agreement(s) with Matrix oil to use Habitat Land for equipment storage in Sycamore Canyon. Whittier City Councilman Bob Henderson has been the Chairman of the Board of the Habitat Authority since its inception in 1994.
We as Citizens are expected to live by the rules of our community. Yet, our City Council does not feel the same. They have ignored agreements and the L.A. County Board Supervisors. How can they be respected when they don't lead by example.
Lets ban together to end this project once and for all. Follow us here and our website for updated information and documents on the oil project. Checkout our website to see the documents on the Habitat Authority taking money from oil companies. Go to PUENTE HILLS HABITAT AUTHORITY
Also see the following video below from one of Whittier's contract attorney's who is also working on the oil project James Markman.
Orange County Against Fracking - Click here